Dan Aldridge, Managing Director, Priority Software U.S., shares his thoughts…
In response to reduced budgets, cloud computing, mobility, big data analytics and social engagement, enterprise management software has had no choice but to evolve. Think about how today, we literally consume IT for breakfast and pit it against continuous changes in human behavior and the demand for information at our fingertips, wherever we are – and from any device. It’s exhausting!
Not surprisingly, these big influencers have led software vendors to look for ways to disrupt the market and that, in turn, has accelerated cloud ERP. Today, cloud solutions have become so entrenched in businesses and organizations, that it’s a real challenge to find one that doesn’t have at least one cloud system in use. One of the reasons is that there are so many different cloud systems available – and this of course, includes cloud ERP.
But more importantly, there’s enormous added-value in cloud ERP – for your organization, your customers, your data security – and oh, your peace of mind.
So, what is Cloud ERP? Cloud ERP system (or cloud-based ERP) solutions are a suite of ERP apps that are delivered to users over their Internet connection. This enables users to access data in real-time from mobile devices and tablets – anywhere and at any time. Unlike traditional on-premise ERP, cloud ERP software doesn’t need to be installed on your computer and it’s offered in a variety of payment options, including per user, per month or a flat-rate fee.
Why make the move to Cloud ERP? Because in addition to being able to work anywhere, anytime and on any device, which for many, is reason enough to move to the cloud, cloud ERP is a highly scalable solution. This makes it ideal for growing organisations because it grows as your business grows. What’s more, cloud ERP is the true definition of innovation first, by delivering the latest software versions and updates in real time.
If you’re considering the proverbial move, as part of your migration strategy and transferring your data to the cloud, it’s important to choose a vendor who promises short, seamless migration, but that’s not all. You’ll also want your new cloud solution to give you the same 100% functionality as that of an on-premise system. And last but not least, you’ll want guaranteed data security, to protect your most valuable asset – your organization’s information.
Priority customers who’ve made the move to the cloud have reaped numerous benefits. Here are the top five:
- Increased performance. On-premise ERP needs to reply on ‘big’ computer power, including extensive hardware, servers and costly IT resources to carry the load. Cloud ERP just needs a reliable Internet connection and it’s your provider who manages the rest. Your cloud ERP will perform faster and better, with little or no downtime, as would an on-premise system.
- Reduced operating costs. On-premise ERP solution needs hardware and an IT team to maintain it. You’ll then have to purchase the system, licenses and renewals and updates. With cloud ERP, pricing is based on a flat-rate fee, reducing your implementation costs and overall expenses, especially since your provider can manage your maintenance.
- Easier data access. With cloud ERP, you can access to your information from anywhere, anytime, with an Internet connection. This enables your workforce to work outside the office, at customer’s sites and on the go, with fast, easy and real-time data access.
- Enhanced security. You want to keep your data safe inside and outside of your organisation. Cloud ERP ensures that your company data is secure moving from your systems to the host servers. To safeguard internal data, cloud ERP offers strict user-level access provided and secured by the system itself.
- Innovation. Cloud ERP fuels innovation to adapt and stay on top of today’s business challenges. With cloud ERP, you get real-time visibility into your business when you need it, where your organization’s data, including the latest software versions and updates, are updated in real-time on the cloud. You can drill-down using reporting apps and analytics, monitor workflows and processes in your organisation and react quickly to changes in your supply chain.
Priority’s Cloud ERP
Unlike many other ERP vendors, Priority offers all of its solutions as on-premise and cloud, both with 100% system functionality. For Priority’s 1,600 cloud customers, this means they’re enjoying all the fundamental elements of on-premise ERP. Priority’s cloud ERP system functionality offers primary modules such as finance, manufacturing, logistics, human resources, time and attendance, business intelligence, project management and a built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
At Priority, we consider implementation of clear security policies a necessity, not an option. Our policies are guided by an uncompromising, defensive security strategy, where multiple security layers are implemented to avoid reliance on a single solution with potential momentary security lapses. In other words, you can count on Priority’s secure, risk-free cloud solutions – high security, high redundancy and high availability to ensure smooth, uninterrupted service. This translates into managed hosting security, state-of-the-art firewalls and application architecture to protect your data. It’s all supported by data backup, advanced protection against viruses/attacks and stringent administrative control, with no direct user access to servers, plus 24/7 incident response.
In early 2017, Gartner included Priority as a representative vendor in its Market Guide for Product-Centric Cloud ERP Solutions, deeming Priority’s cloud ERP as one of the top 15 solutions on the market today. And in 2016, Priority was shortlisted for the UK Cloud Awards, chosen as 1 of the top 3 Cloud ERP products in the UK.
Dan Aldridge is a credited ERP Software Evangelist, LION on LinkedIn. He is also ranked as one of the 50 Top ERP Influencers You Need To Follow On Twitter.